Community Palliative Medicine
Community Palliative Medicine Associates
The Community Palliative Medicine Associates (CPMA) is a partnership of family physicians dedicated to delivering quality in-home palliative care to patients with a life-limiting illness.
Their mission is to provide holistic patient-centered medical care and symptom management support in an effort to relieve suffering and enhance the quality of life for patients and their families.
Criteria for care:
- Must have a life-limiting illness which is actively progressing and requires symptom management and /or end of life care
- Prognosis has been discussed with patient/POA
- PPS (Palliative Performance Scale) <= 50%
- Must have a LHIN Palliative Care Coordinator and a chart in the home
- Must have adequate support to be maintained at home, at least initially
- Must have a signed MD referral with accessible return contact information
For further information, including referral requirements, please visit the CPMA website at http://www.cpmaottawa.ca
Central Palliative Group
Central Palliative Group (CPG) is a group of physicians who provide palliative care for patients wishing to remain at home for end of life care, in Central Ottawa.
CPG accepts referrals from physicians. Please note the following:
- Please use referral form posted on the CPG website.
- Explain reason for the referral (symptoms, end of life care)
- Attach necessary documents such as recent oncology notes, imaging and lab values (we do not have access to OACIS)
- Have sufficient demographics for the patient
- CPG requires a contact fax and phone number for the referring physician
- The referring physician remains most responsible physician until the first visit by a CPG physician
- They often have a wait list, providing more information makes triage more effective
OFFICE PHONE: 613-680-8747
Note: Physicians are advised to discuss urgent referrals and discharges directly with a CPG physician.
Rideau Palliative Group
We are a group of physicians based in North Grenville that provide palliative symptom management and end-of-life care to the communities along the highway 416 corridor between western Ottawa and highway 401. We strive to lay the foundation for a more peaceful and meaningful final phase of life.
- Patient has a life-limiting illness and is not planning to receive further curative treatment.
- Patient’s Palliative Performance Scale score is as follows: 40% or below for most malignant disease; 30% or below for end-stage chronic disease.
- Referring physician must seek consent from patient’s family doctor to pursue the referral.
- Home care services through the LHIN must be in place.
Please visit www.rideaupalliativegroup.ca to view the area served, detailed contact information and referral form.
Soins Palliatifs Orleans
Soins Palliatifs Orleans (SPO) is a group of physicians providing palliative home care in postal codes K4A, K4B and K4C up to Dunning Rd and Innes, and some KOA postal codes near Orleans.
Their referral form is linked HERE.